NHL Week 4
Here is this week’s top NHL news as chosen by me. This post is just meant to be a convenient way for some people out there who are busy during the week and need a nice condensed list of what has happened in the NHL each week. All headlines are linked to articles with further detail. Please let me know if there is any errors/anything that you think I should add to this list and I will fix it/deem if it is worthy!
Sunday October 26th 2014:
Monday October 27th 2014:
- Penguins’ Maatta To Undergo Surgery For Tumor of The Thyroid Gland; Full Recovery Expected
- Down 3-0 going into the third period, the Rangers score 5 goals in the frame and defeat the Wild 5-4
- Mats Zuccarello has passed Espen Knutsen for most career goals by a Norwegian-born player in NHL history
Tuesday October 28th 2014:
- CBC/Rogers wins broadcast rights for 2018/2020 Winter Olympics
- Wings great Gordie Howe resting after ‘serious stroke’.
- Boston Bruin Torey Krug’s lacerated pinky after he got slashed. NSFW
- St. Louis Blues’ Vladimir Tarasenko scores first career NHL Hat trick vs. the Dallas Stars.
- Ryan Miller Got His 300th Career Win Tonight
Wednesday October 29th 2014:
Thursday October 30th 2014:
- St Louis Blues’ David Backes and T.J. Oshie both have concussions.
- The New Jersey Devils won their first shoutout in 600 days.
- With a goal and an assist tonight, Marian Hossa has reached 1,000 career points.
Friday October 31th 2014:
Saturday November 1st 2014:
Sunday November 2nd 2014:
- Jordan Nolan has been suspended 2 games for boarding Detroit forward Darren Helm
- Ducks goaltending consultant Dwayne Roloson is the backup goalie today after Gibson got injured during warmups
Connor McDavid watch: 42 points in 14 games played.
Cover Photo Credit: http://www.hdwallsource.com/nhl-wallpaper-15321.html