NHL Weekly Summary: Week 5 (Sunday November 2nd 2014 – Saturday November 8th 2014)
Here is this week’s top NHL news as chosen by me. This post is just meant to be a convenient way for some people out there who are busy during the week and need a nice condensed list of what has happened in the NHL each week. All headlines are linked to articles with further detail. Please let me know if there is any errors/anything that you think I should add to this list and I will fix it/deem if it is worthy!
Connor McDavid watch: 49 points in 17 games played.
- Nashville Predators’ Anton Volchenkov has been suspended for 4 games.
- Andrew Ference Suspended For 3 games.
- Blue Jackets’ Jack Johnson has been suspended for 3 games.
Sunday November 2nd 2014:
- Jordan Nolan has been suspended 2 games for boarding Detroit forward Darren Helm
- Ducks goaltending consultant Dwayne Roloson is the backup goalie today after Gibson got injured during warmups
Monday November 3rd 2014:
- Tanner Pearson of Los Angeles Kings named NHL Rookie of the Month for October.
- Corey Perry, Sidney Crosby and Tyler Seguin named ‘Stars of the Month
- Vladimir Tarasenko scores an amazing solo effort goal.
Tuesday November 4th 2014:
- Doug Cifu, Florida Panthers owner, admits team is losing millions.
- Pittsburgh Penguins Olli Maatta Undergoes Successful Surgery For Tumor of The Thyroid Gland; Full Recovery Expected
- Alexander Ovechkin becomes the Washington Capital’s franchise all-time points leader at 826 points.
Wednesday November 5th 2014:
Thursday November 6th 2014:
- Minnesota Wild’s Zach Parise has been diagnosed with a concussion.
- Toronto Maple Leafs’ Carter Ashton suspended for 20 games for violating the terms of the NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program.
- 11 Year old Japanese Hockey Prodigy Aito Igugchi shows what he is made of.
- Chinese government officials have asked the NHL to stage a regular-season game in China as early as next season.
- NHL COO John Collins: Jersey sponsorship in the NHL is both “coming and happening”
- Ryan Miller of the Vancouver Canucks is now 10-1 to start the NHL season.
Friday November 7th 2014:
- Vancouver Canucks’ “Green Men” have announced their retirement.
- Buffalo Sabres play-by-play man Rick Jeanneret says that he is “for the moment, I’m cancer free”
Saturday November 8th 2014:
Cover Photo Credit: http://www.hdwallsource.com/nhl-wallpaper-15321.html