Sunday December 7th 2014 to Saturday December 13th 2014
Here is this week’s top NHL news. This post is just meant to be a convenient way for some people out there who are busy during the week and need a nice condensed list of what has happened in the NHL each week. All headlines are linked to articles with further detail. Please let me know if there is any errors/anything that you think I should add to this list and I will fix it/deem if it is worthy.
Injury Report: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/injuries/nhl/all/
Trade Report: http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre
Suspensions Report: http://www.nhl.com/ice/newsindex.htm?location=/news/playersafety&view=headline
Sunday December 7th 2014:
Monday December 8th 2014:
- NHL takes first step towards expansion in Las Vegas and hint at possible sale of Arizona Coyotes.
- The Ottawa Senators dismissed head coach Paul MacLean, replacing him with assistant coach Dave Cameron.
- Aaron Ekblad, 18, has more points than Duncan Keith, Shea Weber, and Alex Pietrangelo this season. He is also on pace to have the 2nd most points by an 18 year old.
- Jaromir Jagr of the New Jersey Devils is now 5th all-time in points at 1772, passing Marcel Dionne’s record of 1771 points.
- Kevin Klein of the New York Rangers lost part of his ear, had it sewn back on, and then scored the OT winner against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Tuesday December 9th 2014:
- Evander Kane was Suspended 2 Games for Boarding Anaheim Duck’s Clayton Stoner.
- LA Kings affiliate in Manchester signs Paul Bissonnette.
- Columbus Blue Jackets activate Brandon Dubinsky off injured reserve.
- The Anaheim Ducks have signed Ilya Bryzgalov to a 1 year, $2.88 million contract.
- Girgensons is currently leading all forward in voting with over 800,000 votes. He has more votes than Crosby, Stamkos, and Ovi combined.
- “Montreal Canadiens’ Bell Centre sellout streak ended tonight at 383 regular-season games. 1 seat short to mark the absence of Jean Beliveau.
- With tonights goal, Steve Stamkos of the Tampa Bay Lightning has reached 250 goals in 7 seasons.
Wednesday December 10th 2014:
- Both Travis Zajac and Adam Larsson of the New Jersey Devils confirmed to have the mumps.
- Keith Ballard is out of hospital; suffered multiple facial fractures & a concussion following a hit from New York Islanders’ Matt Martin.
- Minnesota Wild Defenseman Marco Scandella has been suspended 2 games for an illegal check to the head of New York Islanders Forward Brock Nelson.
Thursday December 11th 2014:
- Ryan Garbutt of the Dallas Stars was suspended three games for slew-footing Dustin Byfuglien of the Winnipeg Jets.
- Dany Heatley of the Anaheim Ducks has been assigned to the Norfolk Admirals on a Conditioning Stint.
- Philadelphia Flyers’ Lecavalier misses 5th straight game as a healthy scratch.
- Zdeno Chara of the Boston Bruins returns to the NHL for the first time since tearing his PCL on October 23rd.
- Joe Thornton tied and passed Jean Béliveau on the all-time points lists with 2 assists in the Sharks 2-1 win over the Minnesota Wild.
Friday December 12th 2014:
Saturday December 13th 2014:
- Nicklas Bäckström of the Washington Capitals completed a Natural Hat Trick, which is also his first regular season hat trick!
Thank you for reading this week’s NHL Weekly Summary! I’ll be posting this summary every Sunday before 12 noon, so keep checking in!
Cover Photo Credit: http://www.hdwallsource.com/nhl-wallpaper-15321.html