Sunday December 14th 2014 – Saturday December 21st 2014
Here is this week’s top NHL news. This post is just meant to be a convenient way for some people out there who are busy during the week and need a nice condensed list of what has happened in the NHL each week. All headlines are linked to articles with further detail. Please let me know if there is any errors/anything that you think I should add to this list and I will fix it/deem if it is worthy.
Injury Report: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/injuries/nhl/all/
Trade Report: http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre
Suspensions Report: http://www.nhl.com/ice/newsindex.htm?location=/news/playersafety&view=headline
Sunday December 14th 2014:
- The Chicago Blackhawks have acquired defenseman Tim Erixon from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for forward Jeremy Morin.
- Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins was diagnosed with the mumps.
- Goalie Tomáš Vokoun announced his retirement after 16 seasons in the NHL.
- Derick Brassard of the New York Rangers tested positive for the mumps.
Monday December 15th 2014:
- The Anaheim Ducks have recalled Dany Heatley from his Long-Term Injury Conditioning Loan & Ilya Bryzgalov from his conditioning assignment.
- Dallas Eakins was been fired as the head coach of the Edmonton Oilers. General Manager Craig MacTavish returned to the bench on an interim basis until a new coach is found.
- Jaromir Jagr of the New Jersey Devils has surpassed Steve Yzerman for 7th place all-time with his 1,064th career assist tonight.
- New York Islanders are first team in NHL history to win their first 9 games in one season that required extra time (3-0 in OT, 6-0 in SO).
Tuesday December 16th 2014:
- Beau Bennett has been diagnosed with the mumps.
- Alex Galchenyuk registered his first career hat trick.
- The Washington Capitals and the Florida Panthers break the record for longest shootout in NHL history with a 20 round shootout.
- Vladimir Tarasenko of the St. Louis Blues scored his second hat trick of the season.
Wednesday December 17th 2014:
- James Neal of the Nashville Predators became the first player to be fined for diving.
- Hockey Legend Gordie Howe is walking under his own power and is expected to make his final public appearance Feb 6th at the Kinsmen Sports Celebrity dinner in Saskatoon.
- Calgary Flames signed head coach Bob Hartley to multi-year contract extension.
Thursday December 18th 2014:
- Winnipeg Jets acquired Jay Harrison from Carolina for a 6th round pick. Carolina will retain 25% of his salary.
Friday December 19th 2014:
- Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Olli Maatta has tested positive for the mumps and will remain in isolation.
Saturday December 20th 2014:
- CBJ announced that Boone Jenner will be out 1-2 months with a stress fracture in his back.
- Jannik Hansen of the Vancouver Canucks collapses on the bench after receiving a hit from Dennis Wideman of the Calgary Flames.
Thank you for reading this week’s NHL Weekly Summary! I’ll be posting this summary every Sunday before 12 noon ET, so keep checking in!
Cover Photo Credit: http://www.hdwallsource.com/nhl-wallpaper-15321.html