Sunday January 4th 2015 – Saturday January 10th 2015
Here is this week’s top NHL news. This post is just meant to be a convenient way for some people out there who are busy during the week and need a nice condensed list of what has happened in the NHL each week. All headlines are linked to articles with further detail. Please let me know if there is any errors/anything that you think I should add to this list and I will fix it/deem if it is worthy.
Injury Report: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/injuries/nhl/all/
Trade Report: http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre
Suspensions Report: http://www.nhl.com/ice/newsindex.htm?location=/news/playersafety&view=headline
Sunday January 4th 2015:
Monday January 5th 2015:
- St. Louis Blues’ T.J. Oshie, Washington Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin, Montreal Canadiens’ Carey Price named NHL’s Three Stars of the Week.
- NHL stars Crosby, Giroux, Mackinnon, etc., surprise a group of sledge hockey athletes.
Tuesday January 6th 2015:
- The Toronto Maple Leafs fired Head Coach Randy Carlyle and announced Peter Horachek as interim head coach.
- Patrik Elias of the New Jersey Devils has reached 2 milestones tonight: 1000 career points and 600 assists.
- Semyon Varlamov has recorded a 54 save shutout against the Chicago Blackhawks, he is the 3rd goalie since 1995 to record a 54+ save shutout since 1995.
- David Backes of the St. Louis Blues scores 4 goals, and becomes the 5th St. Louis Blues’ player to score a hat trick this season.
Wednesday January 7th 2015:
- Sergei Bobrovsky signed a four-year, $29.7 million contract extension with Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Gustav Nyquist of the Detroit Red Wings and Vincent Trocheck of the Florida Panthers have been fined by the NHL for diving.
Thursday January 8th 2015:
Friday January 9th 2015:
- J.P. Parise, former North Star and member of the 1972 Canadian Summit Series Team, passes away at the age of 73.
- 2015 NHL All-Star Game jerseys were revealed.
Saturday January 10th 2015:
- The Nashville Predators are introducing stricter measures to limit ticket purchases by opposing fans.
- The Nashville Predators are the first team in the NHL to reach 60 points this season. Finished 19th place in the league last season.
- NHL announces 2015 All-Star Roster.
- The Montreal Canadiens played the French National Anthem at the Bell centre in recognition of the week’s events in Paris.
- Henrik Lundqvist became the first NHL goale to win at least 20 games in his first 10 seasons.
Thank you for reading this week’s NHL Weekly Summary! I’ll be posting this summary every Sunday before 12 noon ET, so keep checking in!
Cover Photo Credit: http://www.hdwallsource.com/nhl-wallpaper-15321.html