Sunday January 25th 2015 – Saturday January 31st 2015
Here is this week’s top NHL news. This post is just meant to be a convenient way for some people out there who are busy during the week and need a nice condensed list of what has happened in the NHL each week. All headlines are linked to articles with further detail. Please let me know if there is any errors/anything that you think I should add to this list and I will fix it/deem if it is worthy.
Injury Report: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/injuries/nhl/all/
Trade Report: http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre
Suspensions Report: http://www.nhl.com/ice/newsindex.htm?location=/news/playersafety&view=headline
Sunday January 25th 2015:
- Team Toews wins 17-12 against Team Foligno in the 2015 NHL All-Star game.
- Alex Ovechkin, inspired by girl with Down Syndrome, donates car given to him by Honda at the NHL All-Star game to charity.
Monday January 26th 2015:
- Sergei Bobrovsky of the Columbus Blue Jackets to miss 4-6 weeks with a groin injury.
- Philadelphia’s Zac Rinaldo has been suspended for eight games for charging and boarding Pittsburgh’s Kris Letang.
- Los Angeles Kings’ center Mike Richards has been placed on waivers.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, join Blues front office as a Senior Advisor to the General Manager.
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Darcy Kuemper To Iowa For Conditioning Stint.
- Penguins’ Malkin misses practice Monday, placed on IR.
Tuesday January 27th 2015:
Wednesday January 28th 2015:
- New York Islanders Forward Cal Clutterbuck fined $2000 for embellishment/diving.
- Boston Bruins Simon Gagne placed on unconditional waivers for the purpose of terminating his contract.
- NHL.com adding Corsi, Fenwick, enhanced stats next month.
Thursday January 29th 2015:
- Glendale has lost $1.8 million so far on the Coyotes’ arena deal, and that amount could reach $8.8 million by the end of the city’s fiscal year.
- Canucks have acquired defenceman Adam Clendening from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for Gustav Forsling.
- TSN shut out as Rogers wins TV rights to 2016 World Cup of Hockey.
- NHL to unveil jersey ads during World Cup.
Friday January 30th 2015:
- With tonight’s 5-2 loss to Vancouver, Buffalo finished January with a total of 0 points and 14 straight loses. Also with this win, Ryan Miller has now beat every single NHL team at least once.
- Jarome Iginla of the Colorado Avalanche records his 1200th career point.
Saturday January 31st 2015:
- NHL to consider making salary cap data public in the wake of CapGeek shutting down
- Carey Price, with back-to-back shutouts, is now tied with Patrick Roy for 5th most shutouts in Habs history.
- Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban has 200 career points.
- Antti Niemi, who wears 31, is 31 years old, and just made 31 saves for his 31st career shutout on January 31.
Thanks for reading this week’s NHL Weekly Summary! I will be trying to post these weekly on Mondays by noon, so keep checking in!
Cover Photo Credit: http://www.hdwallsource.com/nhl-wallpaper-15321.html