Sunday February 1st 2015 – Saturday February 7th 2015
Here is this week’s top NHL news. This post is just meant to be a convenient way for some people out there who are busy during the week and need a nice condensed list of what has happened in the NHL each week. All headlines are linked to articles with further detail. Please let me know if there is any errors/anything that you think I should add to this list and I will fix it/deem if it is worthy.
Injury Report: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/injuries/nhl/all/
Trade Report: http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre
Suspensions Report: http://www.nhl.com/ice/newsindex.htm?location=/news/playersafety&view=headline
Sunday February 1st 2015:
Monday February 2nd 2015:
- NHL Referee Tim Peel has been suspended by the NHL for a picture of him drinking with hockey blogger Wyshynski.
- Carey Price of the Montreal Canadiens, Cedric Paquette of the Tampa Bay Lightning and Devan Dubnyk of the Minnesota Wild named NHL 3 stars of the week.
- Alex Ovechkin of Washington Capitals, John Tavares of New York Islanders, Tuukka Rask of Boston Bruins named ‘Three Stars’ for month of January.
Tuesday February 3rd 2015:
- Evander Kane if the Winnipeg Jets skipped game against Vancouver Canucks after incident with teammates.
- Buffalo Sabres end 14 game losing streak by beating the Montreal Canadiens 3-2.
- The Buffalo Sabres are now the most outshot team at even strength since 2005-2006.
- Nashville Predators fans return the favour and sing O Canada when Toronto Maple Leafs attended Bridgestone Arena.
- ESPN apparently has won the U.S. broadcast rights for the World Cup of Hockey, beating out NBC and Fox.
Wednesday February 4th 2015:
- P.K. Subban of the Montreal Canadiens has been fined $2,000 for diving infractions. Fifth NHLer to violate new rule this season.
Thursday February 5th 2015:
- Patrick Marleau of the San Jose Sharks became the youngest player in NHL history to suit up for his 1,300th career game.
Friday February 6th 2015:
- Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers is out for 3-4 weeks with a sprained blood vessel.
- Evander Kane of the Winnipeg Jets will have shoulder surgery and be out 4-6 months.
- Toronto Maple Leafs trade Carter Ashton & David Broll to Tampa Bay Lightning for a Conditional 7th round draft pick.
- Patrik Elias of the New Jersey Devils scored his 400th career goal.
- With the loss to New Jersey Devils, the Toronto Maple Leafs set a franchise record with their 11th straight loss.
- Marc-Andre Fleury of the Pittsburgh Penguins set a new single season franchise record with his 8th shutout of the season.
Saturday February 7th 2015:
- Matt Cooke of the Minnesota Wild is expected to miss 6 weeks after he has sports hernia surgery.
- Pekka Rinne of the Nashville Predators is the 1st goalie to post 30 wins in less than 40 games played since the 1995-96 NHL season. Mike Ribeiro of the Nashville Predators also recorded his 700th career point.
- Devan Dubnyk has recorded 4 shutouts in 9 starts since being traded to the Minnesota Wild.
- With their win against the Edmonton Oilers, the Toronto Maple Leafs break their 11 game losing streak.
- Daniel Sedin has just broken the Vancouver Canucks’ record for most powerplay goals by one player.
- Radim Vrbata of the Vancouver Canucks got his 500th career point tonight.
- With his 300 win tonight, Joel Quenneville joins Scotty Bowman as the only coaches to win 300+ wins with two teams.
Thanks for reading this week’s NHL Weekly Summary! I will be trying to post these weekly on Mondays by noon, so keep checking in!
Cover Photo Credit: http://www.hdwallsource.com/nhl-wallpaper-15321.html