Monday November 14th 2016 – Sunday November 20th 2016
Here is this week’s top NHL news. This post is just meant to be a convenient way for some people out there who are busy during the week and need a nice condensed list of what has happened in the NHL each week. All headlines are linked to articles with further detail. Please let me know if there are any errors/anything that you think I should add to this list and I will fix it/deem if it is worthy.
Injury Report: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/injuries/nhl/all/
Trade Report: http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre
Suspensions Report: https://www.nhl.com/news/t-277549076
Monday November 14th:
- Russell Wilson announces he’s partnered with the Sonics Arena Group to help bring the NBA and NHL to Seattle.
- IIHF will come up with the travel and insurance money for NHL players going to the 2018 Olympics.
- Coyotes have deal for new stadium in East Valley.
- The Rangers Have 10 Players with At Least 10 Points. The Pacific Division has 15 Players With At Least 10 points.
- It took 46 penalty attempts to end a 2nd tier match in Switzerland yesterday. Likely to be world record in men’s professional hockey. Here are the successful attempts.
Tuesday November 15th:
- James van Riemsdyk scores his 2nd career hat-trick against Nashville.
- Ekblad’s OT Goal ends the Canadiens’ Home Winning-streak.
- Canucks inquiring about Evander Kane.
Wednesday November 16th:
- Lightning captain Steven Stamkos out indefinitely with a lateral meniscus tear in his right knee.
- Johnny Gaudreau out with broken finger, requires surgery.
- Taylor Hall (left knee) is expected to miss approximately 3-4 weeks.
- Patrik Laine becomes the first player since Evgeni Malkin in 2006-07 to score 12 goals in his first 18 career NHL games.
- Aaron Ward: Hearing concerns over Johnny Gaudreau injury, possibly broken finger from slash. Further tests today and surgery a possibility.
- Alex Ovechkin ties Frank Mahovlich for 32nd place on the NHL’s all-time goals list with 533.
- Jake Virtanen Re-Assigned to Utica.
Thursday November 17th:
- @TSNBobMcKenzie: Steven Stamkos is heading to Vail, CO., today and expected to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery to repair a lateral meniscus tear.
- Wayne Gretzky to appear on The Simpsons in December.
- Shayne Gostisbehere named Philadelphia Pro Athlete of the Year.
- While TB lists Stamkos as out indefinitely, it’s believed best-case recovery timeline for this procedure is four months, possibly longer.
- Brad Treliving has an update Johnny Gaudreau: he underwent successful surgery yesterday & there is a 6-week timeline for his return.
Friday November 18th:
- With tonight’s win, the #CBJ have now beaten the number one team in every NHL division.
- Broken tibia and fibula for Brad Richardson.
- NWHL cutting player salaries in half: Report.
Saturday November 19th:
- Connor McDavid gets his first career hat trick VS the Stars (Gif courtesy of /u/ABirdofParadise).
- Roadrunners game postponed after captain collapses on ice.
- “Sources tell me Craig Cunningham is in hospital with a possible heart attack after collapsing in AHL game. #WHLGiants”.
- Hammond (OTT) on waivers. Lander cleared.
- Andrei Vasilevskiy has back to back Shut Outs in his last 2 Games.
Sunday November 20th:
- Mark Pysyk’s 12 blocked shots last night set an NHL record for most in a single game.
- Unconfirmed, but POSITIVE report that Craig Cunningham’s blood pressure has increased. Still in critical condition after collapsing last night.
- Alex Ovechkin scores goal #534, passing Frank Mahovlich for 32nd all-time.
- The Carolina Hurricanes 4-game win streak is the teams longest since Jan 8, 2014.
- Hearing ARIZ is going to send Dylan Strome back to junior.
- @reporterchris: Andrew Hammond cleared waivers.
- BREAKING NEWS: The Fort Saskatchewan Chiefs are proud to announce the signing of goaltender Shannon Szabados!
- Zibanejad injured — It’s horrible.