Monday November 21st 2016 – Sunday November 27th 2016
Here is this week’s top NHL news. This post is just meant to be a convenient way for some people out there who are busy during the week and need a nice condensed list of what has happened in the NHL each week. All headlines are linked to articles with further detail. Please let me know if there are any errors/anything that you think I should add to this list and I will fix it/deem if it is worthy.
Injury Report: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/injuries/nhl/all/
Trade Report: http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre
Suspensions Report: https://www.nhl.com/news/t-277549076
Monday November 21st:
- Joe Thornton just put up his 900th point as a Shark; Obviously it was an Assist.
- NHL puts ‘John Scott Rule’ in place for All-Star fan voting.
- Jake Guentzal has two goals in the first period of his first NHL game.
- [Toronto Maple Leafs] Forged from 100 years of hockey. Introducing our Centennial Classic sweater.
- With the Rangers claiming Matt Puempel, the Ottawa Senators now have none of their three 1st-round picks from 2011.
- Jeff Carter, Cam Ward, Nicklas Backstrom named Three Stars of the week.
- Seth Jones activated off Injured Reserve.
Tuesday November 22nd:
- Name Reveled: Las Vegas Golden Knights.
- 8×8 for Brent Burns.
- Lightning place Steven Stamkos on LTIR, gaining $8,460,613 in cap relief.
- David Backes has scored the 20,000th goal in Boston Bruins history and it was against the St Louis Blues.
- Video emerges of Lightning Forward J.T. Brown “smashing” fan’s phone.
- Erik Karlsson has scored his 400th point.
Wednesday November 23rd:
- Goon 2 Trailer.
- Alex Ovechkin snipes his 3rd of the game for his 16th career hat-trick.
- Ovechkin just passed Jagr for most hat tricks by an active player (16).
- Jack Eichel skating with the Sabres.
- Cammalleri says his 5-year-old daughter had pneumonia, needed surgery, but is now expected to make full recovery. He’ll play tonight.
- Cammalleri gets 4 points (1G, 3A) in his return to the lineup.
- Official NHL expansion draft exempt list contains surprises.
- Daniel Alfredsson to receive the Meritorious Service Cross from the Governor General of Canada on Friday.
Thursday November 24th:
- Radulov’s agent says his client wants to stay in Montreal beyond this season.
- Canucks extend Hutton – 2 years 2.8 M AAV.
- Jim Benning says focus is to now sign Bo Horvat to a long term deal, not bridge.
Friday November 25th:
- On Jan. 14 Kings will wear their 1996 alternate jerseys. Dubbed ‘Burger King.’
- Kessel hits 600 points with goal against the Wild.
- Flames recall 2012 1st round pick, Mark Jankowski.
- Devils’ Taylor Hall skated on his own prior to the team’s morning skate.
- Predators have placed defenseman Matt Carle on unconditional waivers with the intention of terminating his contract.
- Matt Carle Retires From NHL.
- Penguins stadium series jerseys.
Saturday November 26th:
- On this day in 1917, the National Hockey League was formed.
- Garrett Sparks has been suspended indefinitely by Maple Leafs.
- 20,000 plus teddy bears hit the ice at the annual WHL Hitmen Teddy Bear Toss, benefitting 60+ local charities.
- Anthony Stolarz to start in net tonight, making him the first New Jersey born goalie to play in the NHL.
- Dreger: Prust leaves Leafs tomorrow for opportunity in Germany.
- Kings have activated forward Marian Gaborik from injured reserve.
Sunday November 27th:
- Panthers fire Gerard Gallant.
- The Arizona Coyotes have extended their point streak against the Edmonton Oilers to 25-games. (21-0-4).
- In Depth – Zack Kassian opens up about substance abuse, recovery, and his second chance.
- Tom Rowe will take over as head coach in FLA.