Here is this week’s top NHL new. This post is just meant to be a convenient way for some people out there who are busy during the week and need a nice condensed list of what has happened in the NHL each week. All headlines are linked to articles with further detail. Please let me know if there is any errors/anything that you think I should add to this list and I will fix it/deem if it is worthy.
Injury Report: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/injuries/nhl/all/
Trade Report: http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre
Sunday November 16th 2014:
- In his first NHL start, San Jose Sharks goalie Troy Grosenick makes 45 saves to shut out the Hurricanes. All 3 Sharks starting goalies have shutouts in their 2014 season debuts.
Monday November 17th 2014:
- Josh Harding is off suspension for the Minnesota Wild and will be placed on waivers at 11 AM Tuesday.
- Tampa Bay Lightning’s Ryan Callahan plays first game at Madison Square Garden since he was traded by the New York Rangers in March of this year.
- With his goal tonight against the Tampa Bay Lightning, Martin St. Louis has now scored against every NHL team.
Tuesday November 18th 2014:
- Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Olli Maatta returns 2 weeks after cancer surgery.
- Minnesota Wild’s Josh Harding clears waivers and is assigned to affiliate AHL team the Iowa Wild.
- Toronto Maple Leaf fans help finish the American National Anthem after a mic malfunction.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have allowed 9 goals against the Nashville Predators in the worst loss of the Air Canada Centre’s history. This is the first time the Leafs have allowed 9 goals in a game since 1991.
Wednesday November 19th 2014:
- Pittsburgh Penguins Pascal Dupuis diagnosed with blood clot in his lung; will be sidelined at least six months.
Thursday November 20th 2014:
- Columbus Blue Jackets’ Jack Johnson is bankrupt because of his parents’ shameless spending sprees.
- Dallas Stars announce four-year contract extension for Jason Spezza.
- San Jose Sharks swap defencemen with Dallas Stars, trading Jason Demers for Brenden Dillon.
- Slava Voynov charged with felony for ‘corporal injury to spouse with great bodily injury.’
- Canadiens acquire defenseman Bryan Allen from the Anaheim Ducks, in return for forward Rene Bourque.
Friday November 21st 2014:
- Former Ottawa Senator and Detroit Red Wing Daniel Alfredsson decides not to play this season.
- Cory Schneider breaks Martin Brodeur’s New Jersey Devils franchise record for most consecutive starts by a goalie at the start of the season at 20 games.
Saturday November 22nd 2014:
- Panthers erase a 2-0 deficit in the last minute of the 3rd with 2 goals in 19 seconds.
- The New York Islanders have beaten the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight 4-1 and have tied them for the top of the Metropolitan Division. They also tied a franchise record 14-6 in the first 20 games.
Thank you for reading this week’s NHL Weekly Summary! I’ll be posting this summary every Sunday or Monday before 12 noon, so keep checking in!
Cover Photo Credit: http://www.hdwallsource.com/nhl-wallpaper-15321.html