Monday November 28th 2016 – Sunday December 4th 2016
Here is this week’s top NHL news. This post is just meant to be a convenient way for some people out there who are busy during the week and need a nice condensed list of what has happened in the NHL each week. All headlines are linked to articles with further detail. Please let me know if there are any errors/anything that you think I should add to this list and I will fix it/deem if it is worthy.
Injury Report: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/injuries/nhl/all/
Trade Report: http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre
Suspensions Report: https://www.nhl.com/news/t-277549076
Monday November 28th:
- Florida Panthers CEO says team offered Gallant a car ride after firing. Gallant chose to decline.
- Army Officials to Review Hockey Team’s Use of Golden Knights.
- NHL All-Star Game to air on NBC; first time the game has been on a major Broadcast Network since 2004.
- John Vogl: Based on Sabres practice Monday, there’s a good chance Jack Eichel returns to lineup Tuesday in Ottawa.
- Anderson, Cammalleri and Burns named 3 Stars of Week.
- Hurricanes F Jordan Staal diagnosed with a concussion.
- Flames 2012 1st round pick Mark Jankowski to make NHL debut tonight.
- All Panthers personnel decisions will now be made by Dale Tallon and AGMs Eric Joyce and Steve Werier. Tom Rowe focused on coaching.
Tuesday November 29th:
- Eichel confirms he will make his season debut against the Sens.
- Travis Moen has retired.
- With a start tonight, Jaromir Jagr (1,651) will pass Chris Chelios (1,651) for sole possession of 5th place all-time for games played in the NHL. With a start on Thursday night, he will pass Mark Recchi (1,652) for sole possession of 4th place on that list.
- That was quick. Hammond recalled by Senators.
- Alex Ovechkin named ambassador to 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Team Canada WJC selection camp roster.
Wednesday November 30th:
- Hockey Night Punjabi on Twitter: Our own, @IceSinghHNIC breaks ground becoming the first Sikh making his English hockey broadcast debut tonight for the Leafs & Flames game!
- Craig Anderson has left the Senators as his wife Nicholle begins her cancer treatments.
- NJ Devils recall John Quenneville, who will play his first NHL game against Chicago Blackhawks, who are coached by his uncle.
- Chad Johnson has recorded his third shutout in 8 games.
- Blues to move AHL affiliation to KC.
- Dreger: It has been reported that it’s expected the NHL will play an exhibition game in China next year.
- Here’s Forbes ranking of each NHL team’s value (2016).
- With 2 assists to help the Penguins tie it vs the Islanders, Sidney Crosby has reached 100 career points vs one opponent for the first time.
- Treliving says rumors the Flames are shopping Dougie Hamilton are “completely false”.
Thursday December 1st:
- Pekka Rinne is the first player in Preds franchise history to be named “Player of the Month”.
- After 25 games, McDavid is on pace for 112 points.
- Vladimir Tarasenko has just gotten his 3rd career hat trick.
- Dreger: I can tell you NHL has been in discussions w/LAKings and Canucks to play each other in either Shanghai or Beijing perhaps.
- Taylor Hall will play for the Devils tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Vancouver to be named host of the 2019 World Juniors.
- Zach Werenski is the NHL’s rookie of the month for November.
- Marian Hossa scores OT winner against Devils. Becomes the 6th player in NHL history with 15+ Overtime goals.
- Rinne, Kucherov, McDavid named Three Stars of the month.
- Travis Zajac completes the Hat Trick with a feed from Cammalleri.
Friday December 2nd:
- Joe Thornton has passed Brendan Shanahan for 25th on the all time points list.
- NHLPA has formally notified membership that it will not accept NHL offer of Olympic participation in exchange for a three-year CBA extension.
- Blackhawks have activated Trevor van Riemsdyk from Injured Reserve and placed Jonathan Toews on IR, retroactive to Nov. 24.
Saturday December 3rd:
- Corey Crawford diagnosed with acute appendicitis.
- The Blackhawks have now dropped 13 straight regular season games in Philadelphia. Their last win came in 1996.
- The Blue Jackets took a franchise best 58 SOG during the game against the Coyotes.
- The Blackhawks sign Eric Semborski to an amateur tryout agreement.
- Steve Yzerman voices support for NHL participation in the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- Reid Boucher claimed by Nashville.
- COL coach Jared Bednar says Erik Johnson out 6-8 weeks with a broken fibula. Hit by Seguin shot.
Sunday December 4th:
- Gaudreau says he’s playing tonight.
- Alex Galchenyuk will play his 300th game today, 1st player to do it from the 2012 draft class, which he also leads in goals and assists.
- Patrick Marleau is tied for 8th all-time for most games played with the same team, should pass Modano at 7th later this season.
- Quick update … Jonathan Toews out again, injury ‘not getting better’.
- The Sens have re-assigned Andrew Hammond to the AHL.
I hope you enjoyed this summary of the previous week’s events! Look for this article every Tuesday on beerleagueblog.ca