NHL Weekly Summary: Week 8 (Sunday November 23rd 2014 – Saturday November 29th 2014)
Here is this week’s top NHL news. This post is just meant to be a convenient way for some people out there who are busy during the week and need a nice condensed list of what has happened in the NHL each week. All headlines are linked to articles with further detail. Please let me know if there is any errors/anything that you think I should add to this list and I will fix it/deem if it is worthy.
Injury Report: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/injuries/nhl/all/
Trade Report: http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre
Suspensions Report: http://www.nhl.com/ice/newsindex.htm?location=/news/playersafety&view=headline
Sunday November 23rd 2014:
Monday November 24th 2014:
- Oilers have fired Goaltending coach Freddie Chabot. Expectation is Dustin Schwartz will replace him.
- Legendary coach and player Pat Quinn has passed away at the age of 71.
- Marc-Andre Fleury gets his 300th career win.
Tuesday November 25th 2014:
- Bo Horvat to be kept up by the Vancouver Canucks after 9 games. He will also not be sent to World Junior camp.
Wednesday November 26th 2014:
- Montreal Canadiens Legend Gilles Tremblay has passed away at the age of 75.
- St. Louis Blues President/GM of Hockey Operations Doug Armstrong announced that goaltender Martin Brodeur will practice with the team starting Friday.
- San Jose Sharks Sign LA Kings Fan as Emergency Backup Goalie for game against the Calgary Flames.
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Sidney Crosby reaches 800 points.
Thursday November 27th 2014:
- Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt has been suspended 2 games for kneeing Edmonton Oilers forward Taylor Hall.
- Daniel Alfredsson expected to retire in Ottawa next week.
Friday November 28th 2014:
- The Anaheim Ducks acquire defenseman Eric Brewer from the Tampa Bay Lightning for a 3rd round pick in the 2015 NHL Draft.
- New York Rangers’ Martin St. Louis has reached 1000 points.
Saturday November 29th 2014:
- Alexei Emelin has been fined $11,021.51 for an illegal check to the head of Brian Gionta.
- Montreal Canadiens sign Brendan Gallagher to a six-year, $22.5M contract extension.
Thank you for reading this week’s NHL Weekly Summary! I’ll be posting this summary every Sunday before 12 noon, so keep checking in!
Cover Photo Credit: http://www.hdwallsource.com/nhl-wallpaper-15321.html