NHL Weekly Summary: Week 9 (Sunday November 30th 2014 – Saturday December 6th 2014)
Here is this week’s top NHL new. This post is just meant to be a convenient way for some people out there who are busy during the week and need a nice condensed list of what has happened in the NHL each week. All headlines are linked to articles with further detail. Please let me know if there is any errors/anything that you think I should add to this list and I will fix it/deem if it is worthy.
Injury Report: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/injuries/nhl/all/
Trade Report: http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre
Suspensions Report: http://www.nhl.com/ice/newsindex.htm?location=/news/playersafety&view=headline
Sunday November 30th 2014:
Monday December 1st 2014:
- Calgary Flames’ Mark Giordano, St. Louis Blues’ Vladimir Tarasenko, Nashville Predators’ Pekka Rinne named stars of the month for November.
- Filip Forsberg of the Nashville Predators named NHL Rookie of Month for November.
- Scott Gomez has signed a 1 year, $550K contract with the New Jersey Devils.
Tuesday December 2nd 2014:
- Hockey Legend Gordie “Mr. Hockey” Howe in ICU with suspicion of having a stroke, according to son Mark Howe.(UPDATE: he was only dehydrated and fatigued.)
- Los Angeles Kings fined $100,000 for violating terms of Slava Voynov’s suspension.
- St. Louis Blues sign Martin Broduer to a 1 year, $700K contract.
- Montreal Canadiens legend Jean Béliveau has passed away at the age of 83.
- New Jersey Devils Jaromir Jagr takes hit to the head from Pittsburgh Penguins Robert Bortuzzo.
- Red-hot Buffalo Sabres have now won six out of their last seven, with the last three wins being against the then-best teams in the league.
- Undrafted Josh Jooris of the Calgary Flames records his first NHL hat trick against the Arizona Coyotes tonight.
Wednesday December 3rd 2014:
- Pittsburgh defenseman Robert Bortuzzo has been suspended 2 games for interference on New Jersey forward Jaromir Jagr.
- Ilya Bryzgalov has joined the Anaheim Ducks for a practice/tryout.
- Dallas Stars places Anders Lindback on waivers.
- Corey Crawford of the Chicago Blackhawks is out for 2-3 weeks after injuring his foot at a Rise Against concert.
Thursday December 4th 2014:
- Daniel Alfredsson signs a one-day contract with the Ottawa Senators, and announces his retirement from NHL.
- Martin Broduer plays his first game for the St. Louis Blues against the Nashville Predators.
- With his 11th win in a row, Halak surpasses Billy Smith’s NYI franchise record.
Friday December 5th 2014:
- George Parros Retires From NHL After Nine Seasons.
- Arizona Coyotes have acquired defenseman Philip Samuelsson from the Pittsburgh Penguins for forward Rob Klinkhammer and a conditional 5th round draft pick.
- The Winnipeg Jets have scored their 1st hat-trick in franchise re-birth history.
Saturday December 6th 2014:
Thank you for reading this week’s NHL Weekly Summary! I’ll be posting this summary every Sunday before 12 noon, so keep checking in!
Cover Photo Credit: http://www.hdwallsource.com/nhl-wallpaper-15321.html